[bookport] Re: "There are no files to read."

  • From: Ron Wright <wrightr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 12:16:36 -0700

Lynnette and Lou,

Much to my delight/surprise/embarrassment you were right. I was in the Notes folder -- the only empty folder. I've put a text file there now called "This is the Notes Folder.txt" whose contents are

        This is the notes folder.
        There may be no notes here.
        Press star and 0 at the same time to exit.

So hopefully I won't get stuck on this again.

With great appreciation,
Ron

PS: I am warmed and touched by the rapid response to my query. I tried signing up for this group when I first got my BookPort and nothing happened (probably because I put the subscribe command in the message body like our listservers do not in the subject line), so I wondered if this list really worked. It does! Thanks!

Lynnette wrote:
Hi Ron,
Try pressing the star key and the 0.  Perhaps you're in a folder and need to
exit.
Lynnette