[bookport] Re: The future of Book Port

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:33:20 -0600

I choose to believe APH. Pamela says the Bookport2 isn't dead. When Larry and Pamela say it's dead... that is when I will believe it!

In the meantime, look at the Braille Plus.  I am impressed.

If someone needs help with their current Bookport, then I can certainly do that.
At 09:32 PM 12/19/2007 +1100, you wrote:
Hi, I'm Lachlan, I live in Melbourne Australia.

Yesterday I was taking part in the Tek Talk chat session on Accessible World, before the session started, I was talking to Pat Price, and I made a comment about the Book Port, and Pat said something to the effect that the Book Port II is a dead product. I understand this to mean the Book Port II has been cancelled and won't be released. Do I understand correctly?
Does anybody know the truth for sure?
If indeed the Book Port II has been cancelled, does anybody know why?
If the Book Port II has been cancelled, then they'll be a lot of unhappy people out there. I have never owned a Book Port, but I've been interested in the product for quite some time.
Can anybody throw any light on this?
Thanks and best for the festive season.

Lachlan Thomas.

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.