[bookport] Re: The Strange case of Dr. Bookport and Mr. Slows

  • From: "Curtis Delzer" <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:25:24 -0700

Hi Richard. I believe you must use the BookPort transfer software to send the
music mp3 files or audio mp3 files to Bookport, checking or unchecking the
"music" audio item, because the bookPort expects the files to
be sent from that software which sends information regarding sections while it
transfers. If music, it sends minute breaks to use as markers, and if mp3
audio, it uses pauses in the narration to govern the sections. Of
course, Larry will have to correct me if I'm wrong, since he is the
orchestrator here. :) Try it with the transfer software, checking the "music"
item. I don't know how bookport feels about "vbr" stereo music or mono
mp3 files.

Curtis Delzer

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:01:12 -0500, Rich Ring wrote:

Message
Greetings:
My place of employment is attempting to try a pilot project with several
Bookports.  We are considering lending them to a hand-picked group of
patrons.
 We will pre-load them with several different types of supported files.
It's just an experiment, and we've run into an interesting problem.
First, the card that came with the device could not be seen.  We
formatted the card about three times, and it finally became visible.
However, here is the unusual part.  We transferred several MP3 music
files, and they play very slowly.  I guess I must be lonely, because I'm
about to date
myself.   It sounds like a 33 and one third album being played on 16 and
two thirds.  Has anyone ever seen this, and is there a cure?
Thanks.