[bookport] Re: Teaching Book Port to Speak

  • From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:48:07 -0400

No sorry but no way to do that.

Rick

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harvey White" <harveywhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 3:31 PM
Subject: [bookport] Teaching Book Port to Speak

On the whole, I'm happy with Book Port. But it has one or two irritating
habits which I would like to correct. Who, in the name of all that's
wonderful, taught Book Port to say "dried" when it comes across the common
abbreviation for "doctor", Dr.? It must have been somebody who only reads
cook books!

Further, should St. really be "Street" instead of the more commonly
encountered "Saint"? And why can't it say "comfortable" instead of
"comfrotable"?

Now, is there some secret way by which I can re-educate this misguided
child, as I can, say, with my Braille n Speak?

Harvey White