[bookport] Re: Talking MP3 Player

  • From: "Aman Singer" <aman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 12:42:39 -0400

Hi, Rich.
        You said
        I've heard rumors about some kind of modified OS for the Archos line
but
have never been able to locate any actual documentation, specs or anyone who
knew anything concrete about where to get it.

        The Archos firmware is available at
        http://rockbox.haxx.se
        It will speak the menus of the unit, spell file names, and speak
directory names. It is not so accessible as the BP and, of course, cannot
read text, but it makes the Archos the most accessible HD-based MP3 player
out there.
        Aman