[bookport] Re: Synthesizers

  • From: "Joni Colver" <july77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:46:26 -0500

I really like the Double Talk synthesizer, but, have no objections to
Dec-Talk or Eloquence.  I do know that some people are put off by the Double
Talk synthesizer and might be more likely to buy the Book Port if it had a
different synthesizer.  I used Double Talk on my old Windows 95 computer and
so had no trouble adjusting to it on the Book Port.

I think each synthesizer has its quirks in pronunciation so it is probably a
trade-off among the three mentioned, some doing better here and others
there.

I do not like the AT&T Natural Voices or Neospeech at all.  To me they sound
choppy and irritating to listen to.

Joni