[bookport] Re: Suggestions for next Fermware beta

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:08:07 -0400

What we were hoping folks would do if they wanted to obtain the total
time is move to the end of the file and get the elapsed time from there.
 I realize that there is a bug that requires one to use the play key at
leaste once in a file before the elapsed time will work, so what I
suggest for now is to go to the end with key 3 for one beep, then press
key 1 to move back two seconds, then press 2 to play and 2 again to
stop, then press 8 to get the elapsed time.
>>> WSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Monday, July 25, 2005 7:56:08 AM >>>
We already have the time with a single keystroke, key 2 held down for
one beep. As to the second, I don't see this as being even remotely
technically feasible, given all of the parameters that would have to
be
considered--size of file, reading rate, etc. The percentage figure
allows me to make a rough approximation of the reading time and in any
case, I don't even find this to be a particularly necessary piece of
information except in very rare circumstances.