[bookport] Re: Suggestions for Improvements to Book Port - Others' Input and Discussion Requested

  • From: Jeremiah Z Rogers <jzrogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:31:03 -0400

Hi Rob et al. I mustn't have been particularly clear in my explanation of how
to achieve the proposed desired behavior when dealing with MP3 files, for I
realize that the machine, at present, has no way of knowing whether or not to
keep track of its progress as it plays a file. What I think could be done would
be for the transfer tool to indicate, through mark-up, to the machine that it
need not keep track of its play progress as it plays an MP3 file. As a result
of there not being data on what part of a file has or hasn't been played, the
machine would start at the beginning of the file every time. Were the presence
of this new mark-up to be directly related to the status of the send audio
files as music option, users would have means of determining whether or not
Book Port would behave as it does now, or more like a traditional CD player.
Hope that clears up my idea a bit.
Jeremiah