[bookport] Suggestion for Settings Menu in BP

  • From: "Peter Torpey" <ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:29:54 -0400

When installing new firmware, after a lock-up, or sometimes after installing
new batteries, it is necessary to re-enter the user settings on the BP.

By default, I believe that the "sensitivity" and "sleep timer" settings are
set to the maximum.  I usually put the sensitivity to 5 and the sleep timer
to 0.  Although it isn't such a big deal, this involves many key presses.
If it's easy (and possible), I think it would be nice to have the 4 and 6
keys bring one to the minimum or maximum allowable values for each of these
settings when held down for one beep (similar to holding down the D and F
keys for one beep to quickly get to the minimum and maximum volume
settings).

Also, it would be nice if the values for some of the other settings (such as
"voice pitch") were spoken as one changed these up and down.  Currently, the
BP only beeps as the values for these settings are changed.

-- Pete