[bookport] Re: Suggestion for Settings Menu Items

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:16:51 -0500

Hello Pete:

I will gladly pass this suggestion along.  I don't know if it's
something we will be able to do, but we can certainly look into it.
Just keep in mind, however, that if this would require a Firmware change
or modification, then it may not happen, as we have exhausted our
Firmware capabilities and are not planning on making any additional
changes to it.  We have pretty much reached the ceiling on what we can
do with regard to Firmware.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/26/07 09:57AM >>>
One frustration I've been having for along time is quickly and easily
re-setting some items in the settings menu after changing batteries
and/or
needing to reboot.

Here are two specific modifications which I would like to see:

1.      In the sleep timer settings, the default is now 30 minutes.
The
user needs to tap the "4" key many times in order to re-set this option
zero minutes.  I think it would be nice if the "4" and "6" keys could
be
used so that if they were held down for one beep the sleep timer
setting
would be automatically moved to the smallest and greatest values
respectively.  This would be similar to the operation of the "d" and
"f"
keys when in reading mode and changing the volume setting.

2.      Similarly, the default setting for "sensitivity" is 15.  I
usually
like to place this at it's minimum value of 5.  Again, it would be nice
if
the "4" and "6" keys could be used so that, if they were held down for
one
beep, one is quickly moved to the end ranges of the sensitivity
setting.

-- Pete