[bookport] Re: Suggestion for New Feature

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:07:04 -0500

Following your argument that it is a book reader and music player then Book
Port shouldn't have an alarm feature or a notetaker.

why are some people so insistant that the Book Port should not be flexable?
You would think I were talking about some big expensive addition.  I doubt that
it would take much more programming code than the alarms feature, and probably
would not be as difficult to write and make it work right as the alarms feature.

Your excuse that it will drive the cost up seems to have become the standard
excuse for those who want no change.

Frankly, a lot of college students are using Book Port, and for them the
devices that will perform the most functions without having to carry around
tons of things are what are going to be successful.  I also have my doubts that
one of the primary objectives of APH was to make an accessible MP3 music
player.  I am sure the idea was to play books that might be in MP3 format, but
so long as there is sufficient memory why not include another feature that I
think most users would find useful.