[bookport] Re: Suggestion for New Feature

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 07:16:04 -0400

Very well put, Gary.  Thanks for saying it so eloquently.

>>> gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Wednesday, April 12, 2006 3:49:58 PM >>>
I really like Bruce's thought that we suggest things we want and let
APH
determine whether it will fit and what it will cost. One issue for
blind
folks is that we only have so much body on which to carry things,
whether or
not we can afford them. I'd like GPS, a thing to tell me about
overhanging
obstacles, a money identifier, a book reader, a note taker, an alarm,
and I
can go on and on. All of these exist, but at some point I lack the
ability
to carry them. So if someone thinks the BP might do well to have this
or
that function, feel free to dream, but understand that if it doesn't
make
it, it wasn't because you weren't respectfully heard.