[bookport] Re: Suggestion for Manual Change

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:54:32 -0500

Ah, Larry.  You're the perfect diplomat...

Guys... I'm probably going to make some on this list mad at me, but I'm going to speak my heart, anyway.

Getting upset just because someone disagrees with you is... well to put it politely... is immature. I've said it before... Life is much too short for that. In other words, "Don't sweat the small stuff." Do I get angry sometimes when someone disagrees with me? Well, duh! I'm human and not dead yet. This sermonette is a reminder to me, as well as you.

Reed, I love your sense of humor.

At 12:14 PM 4/20/2006, you wrote:
Thank you Larry!

----- Original Message ----- From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx> To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, 19 April, 2006 08 24 Subject: [bookport] Re: Suggestion for Manual Change

Maybe we should just leave the manual as it is with respect to this
issue.  Each organization has its policies and regulations, and I don't
think we want to be in the business of keeping up with each of them.

DogRiver@xxxxxxxx Tuesday, April 18, 2006 6:07:24 PM >>>
I never said anything about citizenship. According to the American Heritage Dictionary, an American is "a native or *inhabitant* of
America". So my statement is in fact correct.
Bruce
-- Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he
gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12 NIV
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: DogRiver@xxxxxxxx Radio Show and Podcast: http://www.totw.net Web Site (including info on my weekly commentaries):
http://www.ogts.net Info on the Best TV Show of All Time: http://www.cornergas.com
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, David Allen wrote:

Hi Bruce and list:

If they did as you suggest, they would be inaccurate. Bookshare and
RFBD
require you to reside in the US to receive service. They do not
require you
to claim or be US citizenship. When correctly clarified, I agree it
would be
a good idea to point that out in the manual.

Cheers,
Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Toews" <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>