[bookport] Re: Strange update behavior

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:44:14 -0500

I need to get the exact low battery message you got.

>>> gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Monday, February 28, 2005 1:39:25 PM >>>
I helped a friend update her BookPort this weekend and when I
first started the update I was told the batteries were too low to
proceed. I changed them although they said 52%, made the update
using brand new batteries which showed 100%, and after playing a
bit with the unit, replaced the old batteries, 50% being a lot to
throw away. For the first few times when I inserted the batteries
I got the message that the batteries were too low and the update
was aborted.

I think it is working fine now but found this sequence of events
interesting since the updates was already installed and working.

Gary