[bookport] Re: Strange error message.

  • From: Clarence Whaley <clarence@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:54:45 -0500

Sandy, as she said it is just time consuming, but remember to check the option in explorer to show hidden files. Otherwise, everything doesn't get copied.

At 11:10 AM 8/14/2005 -0500, you wrote:
Hi Sandy,

Use Windows Explorer to copy everything on to your hard drive. This includes all the folders, subfolders, and any files on the root of the card . Then reformat the card, using the BookPort to do this. After that, copy everything back on to the card, again using Windows Explorer. I would suggest using a card reader for the transfer processes. If you have mostly text and BRF files on the card, it shouldn't take too long. I had to do this with 2 gigs worth of music and other audio stuff, as well as a ton of text files, and it took over an hour to copy. <Grimace

HTH

Sarah

Clarence Whaley
Training Division Manager
GW Micro
E-Mail: Clarence@xxxxxxxxxxx
Direct Voice (615) 383-6248
or 866-699-8901
Direct Fax (260) 489-2608
GW Micro Voice Number 260-489-3671
http://www.gwmicro.com
or press enter below to read all about our training program
http://www.gwmicro.com/training