[bookport] Re: Strange File Extensions

  • From: Ann Morris Bliss <annmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:15:23 -0400

Hi, thanks for the info. Are these extra files also created if you just transfer files to your card without going through the BP transfer program?

Ann

Ann:

For every file you send to Book Port,  you will have 2 additional
files, giving you 3 files for every book. The strange extensions you saw
are created by Book Port Transfer and the Book Port. The DD file is the
actual data file. The other 2 files (the ix file and the aa file) are
for navigation indexing and to hold your place in the file. You don't
want to delete those files. Even if you did, they would be put back.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> annmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/08/05 09:07PM >>> Hi everyone, I have been finding that when looking at my files on my card reader, I see some strange file extensions such as _ix. There are usually several different extensions for the same file even if it is an mp3 that I have

copied over.  Can anyone explain and if you remove them, will the
original
file still play?

Ann