[bookport] Re: Speech menu

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:05:02 -0400

There's one problem with allowing casual access to all of the speech
settings and that is that if improperly combined, some settings can render a
synthesizer useless. One of those that can do this, I think, is "head size,"
so I wouldn't necessarily want to see that available. There's a warning in
the DECtalk technical manual about this problem of improper combinations of
the various options.