[bookport] Something I'd like to see

  • From: "David Bennett" <david382@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 23:30:55 -0600

I know all the features we like can never be implemented into Book Port, but here's one which would certainly help me a lot, and maybe other people also.

I'm a counselor and musician, and there are many occasions on which I utilize Book Port's memo capabilities to take down instantaneous contact information, song requests, client input, etc. However, without headphones connected, it's impossible to know for sure that a memo has been initiated, paused, or cancelled. Quite simply, it would be nice to have the external beeper give audible signals under certain conditions to let us know the status of a memo if we're forced to make recordings without the audible feedback which headphones can give. For those who wouldn't like this, maybe the feature could be toggled on and off. I realize that the external alarm shouldn't be made available for a huge number of functions because this would defeat its purpose, but a little audible help with memos would be great.