[bookport] Some Feedback on New Beta

  • From: "ptorpey" <ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:07:13 -0400

I've experienced a few quirks with the braille find feature:
1.      Chord-F works to get into braille Find mode ONLY if I use the
left-most space key (the # key).  If I use the 9 key as the space key in
the Chord-F command, I cannot get into braille mode.

2.      In braille find mode
        a.      type some letters
        b.      The right and left keys do not move right and left
through the text as I would expect (maybe not implemented yet?).
        c.      The backspace key can be used to move through text as
expected, but if you backspace at all and then hit the "enter" key to
exit braille find and start the search, the search string will be empty.
Somehow the entire search string seems to get lost if the backspace key
is used.  In any case, the search string is not spoken after exiting
braille find mode if the backspace key is used at all.

3.      When entering braille find mode, the search string seems to be
empty.  I don't know if its desirable to have the last search string
already in the buffer (in which case one would have to erase?), or start
out blank.  One can lose search strings this way, however, so one needs
to be careful.

This is a great feature and I look forward to seeing the developers
leverage this feature to expand the BP's capabilities - maybe for
entering short text messages/notes, editing file names, etc.

-- Pete