[bookport] Solved Send To Book Port issue

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:43:29 -0700 (PDT)

Steps I did:

Went to a web page. Chose file menu > save as > then .htm only
(not the complete type) > then saved the file to my external
hard drive where all my data goes like the podcasts I download
via iPodder 2.10. I then went to my f:\ drive found the .htm
file I had saved. I then selected this .htm file and did a
applications key for the context menu and chose letter "N" 2
times to get quickly to the Send to submenu - opened this
submenu with a right arrow and pressed enter key on "book port".
 I did all this without the Book Port connected to my computer.

I then went ahead and connected my book port device to my
computer. I got the Queue management dialog. I then chose the
browse button to see if any older sites were stored from the
past and there were none from the past. I then closed this with
an ALT+F4 as I didn't know how to escape this browse screen. I
went to task bar and opened BP Transfer software ( ALT+Tab works
for this) and did a Alt+Q command to bring back the Queue
management and chose Send button.

Turns out I need Word 97 or later to send .htm or .html files to
BP and I do not have Word 97 or later here. I know you have this
info in your manual but I had forgottern this. I know I can send
it as a text file the web pages but no thanks.

So it turns out the firewall wasn't the issue but me not having
the required word processor on my computer.

Petro