[bookport] Re: Sluggishness and number of books in folders

  • From: "Scott Duck" <sduck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:48:42 -0500

Mike,
I don't think that defragmenting a flash card improves access speed any.
When you defragment a hard drive, you improve access time because the
read/write head doesn't have to move around as much looking for the
information that it needs.  Because a flash card is memory, it doesn't have
any parts that have to move around, looking for information.  Therefore,
defragmentation of a flash card doesn't do anything, from a practical sense.
At least this is my understanding.
Thanks,
Scott