[bookport] Re: Size of MP3 files.

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 11:36:01 -0500

For me, life is too short not to... if it is a good book.

At 07:47 AM 6/2/2007, Nolan Crabb wrote:
Hi,

I regularly do this with Sound Forge, and I use 24 kilobits as my conversion rate with a sample of 22,250 or whatever half of the normal sample rate is. Since I have to speed up whatever I read, I can't bypass the transfer program as someone suggested you do. That would send me right over the edge. Listening to a book at normal speed would imply that I have thousands of years to live or something. Life's too short to ever read a book at the normal speed. :-)

Twenty-four kilobits actually sounds just fine, unless you want to keep the book forever as some kind of audio show piece or something. When I do cassettes to MP3, I always record them at the normal cassette speed of one and seven-eighths inches per second. Once you resample the tracks to a lower sample rate, the pitch returns to normal and you'll save a bunch of time in the recording process, but then you probably already have that figured out.

Don't hesitate to write off-list if I can be of any further assistance.

Nolan

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 A   .
11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14 I will be found by you," says the Lord.