[bookport] Shorted Speech

  • From: "Clower, Stephen" <sac0052@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 15:22:22 -0600

Hello,

My Bookport appears to have developed a short in its headphone socket. When I insert any headphone or speaker cable into the device, I usually hear nothing or very quiet speech. I have to whack the top of the unit a few times and jiggle the plug around a bit before I can get speech back. Curiously enough, this doesn't happen when I play books from RFB&D, so I suspect the connection to the Double Talk chip is at fault.

Is this a problem I can fix myself, or do I need to send the unit into
APH for repairs? Or, since the Bookport has been discontinued, is it even worth it?

Thanks for any information you folks can provide.

Stephen Clower
The University of North Texas
E-Mail: sac0052@xxxxxxx
CISO Webmaster