[bookport] Re: Short-Term option for speeding up MP3 Audio

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 11:39:33 -0400

That is something we have given some serious thought and some resources =
into.  I will tell you now though that it will be veeeery slow.  Remember, =
we have to decode the mp3, tsm it, then (the slow part) re-encode to mp3.

The good news is that this approach actually results in a smaller file =
that ends up on your device.

>>> tnoonan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tuesday, June 01, 2004 10:22:38 PM >>>
Hi,

I wonder how hard it would be to implement the following approach for
speeding up MP3 audio in the BookPort, Since no hardware/firmware =
capability
is presently available in the machine.

Could the bookport transfer software have an option for doing a one-off =
time
compression of the audio file by a percentage, prior to sending the =
sped-up
file to the Book Port?

That is, if you know the file is read slowly, the transfer software would
let you pre-determine how fast you want it, and have this sped-up version
sent to the bookport.

I don't know if APH already has PC-based algorithms for speeding up audio,
without adjusting its pitch.

Thanks
Tim