[bookport] Re: Short Battery Life

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 23:01:55 -0500 (CDT)

Walt, do they have Rayovac 15-minute chargers that charge more than two bateries at a time already?

Bruce

--
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he
gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12 NIV

Bruce Toews

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006, Walt Smith wrote:

Rhonda -

When you purchase the Ray-O-Vac 15-minute rechargeables, understand that you
cannot charge these in a regular charger. There is a special charger that's
required and if you should try to charge the 15-minute batteries in a
standard charger such as you would use for NiMh or NiCad batteries, you
could be running a serious safety risk or, at the very least, risk
destroying the batteries. RadioShack sells the charger and it comes with a
set of 2 of the quick-charge batteries and this charger can be used to
recharge any kind of rechargeable battery, provided that the types are not
mixed in the device; that is, you cannot charge a pair of the 15-minute
batteries and a pair of NiMh batteries at the same time.