[bookport] Re: Short Battery Life

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 09:11:49 -0400

No, not necessarily. Depends on the charger, but the one I have will sense
the battery type and act accordingly. Be sure to read your manual before
trying this, though, but the charger that RadioShack sells will very
definitely charge NiMh and NiCads _if_ that's the only kind of battery in
the device. You absolutely cannot mix types, though. For NiMh, which is the
only other kind I have, it's an overnight charge, just as with any other
kind of charger--it doesn't use the quick charge circuitry.