[bookport] Re: Settings lost on battery change

  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:50:55 -0600

If I pull the batteries out of my BP while it's still awake, in other words,
before it has beeped twice, chances are very good that I will lose my settings.
 If, however, I wait until I hear the two beeps signifying that the BP has gone
to sleep, I probably won't lose settings, as long as I don't mess around for
over thirty seconds getting the new batteries in.  The DEF command is for
situations when you will need to take a longer time to change the batteries, or
if you don't want to wait for the two beeps.  Since the settings aren't stored
in flash memory, it doesn't surprise me that they go away if the batteries are
pulled while the unit is awake.