[bookport] Re: Separate Volume Controls

  • From: "Otto Zamora" <8zamora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 11:20:19 -0400

Hello,

Sounds good to me.

Otto

-----Original Message-----
From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Missy Hoppe
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:07 PM
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookport] Re: Separate Volume Controls

I agree with this suggestion; maybe instead of different keyboard commands,
the volume could only change for what is being played. I mean, if the bp
speech is active, the volume for that is changed. If one is listening to an
audible file and changes the volume, the change should only affect the
speech of the audible file or whatever is being listened to. I think it was
better worded in the original message for this thread, but my point is that
I agree with this suggestion whole-heartedly. If it's at all possible for
separate volume controls to be implemented, I'm sure it's a feature that a
lot of bp users would appreciate.
Missy

I'm not sure if this has been suggested in the past but I thought it might
be a good idea if it is possible to have a separate volume control key
command especially when playing either audible.com, mp3 files, or DAISY
audio books on the Bookport.

Sometimes I get some of these audio files that play louder than the speech
synthesizer built into the Bookport and I thought this might be something
that APH might want to look into.

Excuse me if there already is a key command--and if there is, please tell me
what that is.

Thanks.

Aloha:
Milton M. Ota
1318 Kanewai Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96816-1718
E-mail:
mota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website:
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/mota
Phone: (808) 734-0612 / Cell: (808) 295-2528