[bookport] Re: Sending mp3 files to bookport

  • From: "NANCY HILL" <girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:39:26 -0400

Pam, where do I find this:

Hi Nancy:

Although there is a Speed Setting in the Settings menu on the Book Port itself, it is only for the files that use the Book Port Double Talk speech. If you want to change the speed of MP3 files, you have to do it in the software, prior to transferring. See the Options menu of Book Port Transfer, under
the Audio Options tab.

We were not able to make this happen on the Book Port becuase of hardware, so we implemented it in the Transfer program, so you could at least have some
option for changing the speed.

Nancy
----- Original Message ----- From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
Although there is a Speed Setting in the Settings menu on the Book Port itself, it is only for the files that use the Book Port Double Talk speech. If you want to change the speed of MP3 files, you have to do it in the software, prior to transferring. See the Options menu of Book Port Transfer, under the Audio Options tab.

We were not able to make this happen on the Book Port becuase of hardware, so we implemented it in the Transfer program, so you could at least have some option for changing the speed.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx 08/20/07 03:19PM >>>
Albert,

Does that mean that I can increase the speed of reading on narrated books by
hitting '0' and going to the 'voice' options on the bp?

Nancy
----- Original Message ----- From: albert griffith