[bookport] Sending a document to bookPort

  • From: Ann byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:33:55 -0500

If I activate the BookPort launcher and navigate to a .brf file, I can press enter and the file goes to bookPort without a problem. However, even with bookPort launcher active, if I use the applications menu to arrow down to 'send to BookPort' I get the following error.

Book Port Transfer MFC Application
Book Port Transfer MFC Application has
stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.
Close program

I can use 'send to BookPort' for text files, Word files, and so on; but not for .brf files. Obviously, it isn't a show stopper since I can navigate to the files and transfer them, or convert to another format and use send-to. But it's a royal pain. I have Windows 7, the latest version of the bookPort transfer program and firmware, and have cursed this program since I installed bookPort on the windows 7 machine.

Any ideas how to get around it?

Much thanks,

Ann