[bookport] Re: Sections

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:01:46 -0400

Scott:

Word is used/required for decoding .doc, .rtf, and .htm files. It is
automated, so you don't see it if things go well. Unfortunately, things
don't always go well, and Word puts up a dialog. I wish we had more
control over this, but that is the cost of dealing with proprietary
formats like Word files.

Rob Meredith

>>> scott@xxxxxxxx 06/03/05 10:57AM >>>
Rob,

Thanks for the info concerning sections.  It is what I thought would be
the
case.

I am curious, how does MS Word interact with transfer program?  Does
the
transfer program require some function from Word? Word is coming up
with an
error dialog to the effect of unable to save file.  The file in
question
may be read only.  Inaddition the Word conversion dialog box asking to

convert from rtf to Word format comes up.  The actual Word program is
not
running per se, but appears to be in background then closes. The
transfer
seems fine however.

Thanks for the great product and this list, it is much appreciated.  It
is
rare to have access to the creators of a product for consumers.  This
level
of support  is more like the support for professional equipment.

Thanks again,

Scott D. Henning
CE
KSUT Public Radio