[bookport] Re: Section markers

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:32:50 -0500

Hi Don:

You can use whichever section markers you wish, however, just be sure that
whichever marker you choose, be sure you've remembered to edit that file.  It
doesn't always work with text files the same as it does with BRF files.  And,
if you use multiple section markers, they have to be displayed in the correct
order in the list in the Options menu, so you can either use the ones at the
top, or you can use your own, but you have to remember to use the Move command
to put them at the top.  Otherwise, it's going to look for the wrong ones and
won't find yours.

The best advice I can give is experimenting.  Also, in the case of the bible,
Bookshare.org has both BRF and Daisy and they work well.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> ka7ojt@xxxxxxxxxxx 01/29/08 10:20PM >>>
I would like a few specifics about using a  Bookport feature
which is seldom mentioned, specifically section markers.

I have the Bible in text format and plan to use search and
replace in TextPal to locate three different types of headers in
two or three books of the Bible.  I wish to precede chapters with
one section marker, verses with another, and sections in a given
book with a third.  While I understand this conceptually, I am
unclear as to specifically what section marks to use.

Thanks much for feedback and suggestions.

Don Roberts

It has removed 7490 spam emails to date.