[bookport] Re: Request for next version

  • From: "Sharon F" <afinchum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:35:07 -0500

I have had my Book Port for over a year and am amazed at the innovations
that have been added to the unit since it's release. My experience with this
list is that no one is against adding useful features. However, we purchased
an accessible and portable book reader. I watched the web site where the
progress of this unit was shown for over a year before it's release. When it
arrived it more than met my expectations. Also, the $400 price tag is much
more than many blind people can afford. Therefore, I would hate to see
hardware additions that could only increase the price. Adaptive equipment is
always more expensive than comparable products for the sighted. The Book
Port is in line with what you would pay for an off-the-shelf product that
plays MP3 and a reader for e books. To my knowledge, there is nothing on the
market that will accommodate so many file types.
I apologize for the fact that this has become a nickel's worth instead of
the two cents that I had intended.

Make it a great one

Sharon F.