[bookport] Re: Renaming a large batch

  • From: "Irwin Hott" <ihott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:07:54 -0500

I have renamed bunches of files by dumping the file list to my Braille Lite
from DOS using the dir *.* >com1 command.  This supposes that you have the port
and the Braille Lite set with the same parameters.  You have the Serial port
turned on, and you have a file large enough to take the data.

I have then added REN and a space to the beginning of each line, and used a
variety of methods to add a space and the new file name at the end of the line.
 I have then renamed the file with a .bat extension and sent it back to the PC
for execution.  I would make a backup copy of the original files in case of
errors in the batch file.