[bookport] Re: Realistic Wish List

  • From: "Scott D. Henning" <scott@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:27:58 -0600

Hi,

I only drop in sometimes, this discussion is interesting. The Pocket PC is the machine many are envisioning for raw horsepower and connectivity. The battery life is poor, but they are very mature devices now. If someone wrote a screen reader for it...we could experience true Windows power and frustration. Devices with a focus like Bookport can be more stable and can be easier to use, due to a lack of ambiguity. I actually feel the Bookport may already be too many things. I have hundreds of keystrokes to remember (so does everyone else here, smile), I actually think menu driven software and devices make sense when so many options are availible.

The Bookport can evolve, should evolve, but I do not think it should lose it's basic function in a wealth of features.

Scott D. Henning
Cheif Engineer
KSUT Public Radio