[bookport] Re: Reading daisy books on the bookport?

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:38:27 -0400

You will get the same voice on Book Port weather you send the DTB or the
BRF version of Bookshare books.  They only way to get another voice is
to convert the text of the book into an mp3 file with a voice of your
choice.

You don't need any additional software to send Digital Talking Books to
Book Port..

>>> melissatucker4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Wednesday, April 13, 2005 2:31:15 PM

Ok, I'm a member of Bookshare.org and thought it would be nice if I
could try to get use to reading Daisy books with the bp.  I can't get
use to listening to the double-talk voice while reading books by my
favorite authors, so thought I would try Daisy.  Is it possible to put
Daisy books on the bookport?  And if so, do I need to unpack hem using
the bookshare software?
Also, what's this book wizard program?  How much is the "key" the
program is talking about?  Also, the last question, is the new firmware
and/or software finished being beta versions?  If I try the beta of
these programs, I'm afraid I'll mess something up, so I'm hesitant in
doing it until I know all the kinks are worked out.
    I apologize for not being able to follow the thread of messages.
I'm still recovering from surgery and still have limited typing skills
right now.  So I apologize if this stuff has already been discussed.