[bookport] Re: Raw MP3 Vs. Re-encoded MP3

  • From: Bruce Toews <water_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 16:12:01 -0500 (CDT)

Yes, I understand this, I was asking about it from a technical standpoint: does it decompress, place some kind of markers in the file, and recompress, does it place some kind of companion file in the unit with the markers and do no decompression/recompression, something else entirely? I'm prepared to accept the BP for the great piece of technology it is, but me being me, I'm determined to figure out how it works.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005, Grant Hardy wrote:

 How are the phrase, paragraph and section markers indicated so that BP can
 recognize them?

If you don't have the "Send audio files as music" checked in the options, the transfer software indexes phrases before sending the file to the Book Port.

Grant