[bookport] Random playback

  • From: peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:09:19 -0600

Hi Larry,

The random play and alphabetical order playing are both related to play
lists, and that is a feature we have in the queue, but we haven't
actually started on it yet.  Do you have any great ideas on a user
interface for such a feature?

The easiest thing that comes to mind would be a simple option in settings called "Automatic File Advancement - Random".

After activating the option "Automatic File Advancement - Random", the user goes to a directory with MP3 files, selects a file, and presses "Play". After playing the file, the Book Port would then randomly select another file to play from within the directory.

This basic idea could then be expanded if users find it useful. For example, it would also be nice to be able to enable or specify certain directories for random playback (i.e., directories containing music), so the Book Port is not restricted to a single directory for random playback. I would also like to be able to specify that the Book Port use automatic file advancement for MP3 files only, but not for other file types.

Just a couple of ideas off the top of my head...

Regards,

Peter