[bookport] Re: RFB&D book Transfer to Book Port

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 12:43:25 -0400

Do you see any contents of the CD when you look at it with Windows =
Explorer?

Is the material in Daisy format, or is it just audio recordings?

>>> mikochik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Friday, September 03, 2004 12:38:50 PM >>>
Larry,

I have some disks with audio material that we recorded on the daisey
play/back-recorder that RFBD sells. The Book Wisard program doesn't
recognize it (indicates that the disk is empty) and no range-display comes
up for the Bookport Transfer program. Any advice?

Steve Mikochik
At 11:59 AM 8/4/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>You should see a dialog that pops up showing two list boxes, one for =
where =3D
>to start and the other for how much of the book to send.  Each item in =
the =3D
>list will depend on how the book was marked up, but in general, they =3D
>should contain the content items of the book.

>Larry,
>
>Are we suppose to be seing the content.html file to make selection of
>what portion of the book to be transferred, or is there somewhere else
>that we should be seeing the content of the CD?
>
>When you speak of one file created on the Book Port, are you referring
>to an MP3 file?
>
>Thanks.
>

>Aloha,
>Milton M. Ota
>Associate Dealer, Hawaii
>Island Computer Access Now, I.C.A.N.
>1318 Kanewai Street
>Honolulu, Hawaii 96816-1718
>Phone: (808)734-0612
>Cell: (808)295-2528
>E-Mail: mota@xxxxxxxx=3D20=20
>Website: http://www.hgea.org/~mota=3D20=20
>=3D3D20

You
>will end up with one =3D3D3D file on the Book Port.

>I got my key CD from RFB&D and got it installed. Now, running the
>transfer from the book CD to the Book Port, it copied all the html
>files along with the MP3 files. Some of the html files are able to be
>opened in the Book Port but you end up reading all the html coding
>along with the text in the file.
>
>Then, the mp3 file are not in any logical order by its file name--is
>there a way to fix that? Also we discovered that some of the mp3 files
>wouldn't transfer and it indicated it had some kind of protection.
>
>Has anyone had experience with the problem I'm describing and could
>advise as to what to do? Thanks in advance.
>

>Aloha,
>Milton M. Ota
>Associate Dealer, Hawaii
>Island Computer Access Now, I.C.A.N.