[bookport] Re: Question about section move commands

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:25:26 -0400

Brian:

Wow, this can be confusing. In earlier versions, 1+4 and 3+6 moved by
level 1 headings, and 4+7 and 6+9 moved by any section. In current
versions, and I don't remember exactly when this changed, the keys at
the top are level one headings. As you move down, you get levels 2
through 4. Finally, you get any section at the bottom. So, 1+4 and 3+6
are still level 1 headings. 4+7 and 6+9 are level 2 headings and so on,
with A+D and C+F being any heading/section.

Note that section dividers are now always navigated with A+D and C+F,
the any section commands. This also includes sections contained in
Audible.com books.

Rob Meredith

>>> buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/29/06 12:12PM >>>
        Hello.  I know Rob has gone over this on the list before, but I
find I
still have a question about the section move commands.  Under V2.1.x
firmware and earlier, 1+4 and 3+6 moved you forward by section, 4+7 and
6+9
moved you forward by sub-section -- at least I think that's how it
worked.
Am I correct that now, 4+7 and 6+9 move you by section, 7+* and 9+#
move
you by sub-section, and a+d and c+f move you by any section?
In other words, did the section move command shift down by one row of
keys
in the transition to V2.2 firmware?
If that's true, what are the 1+4 and 3+6 keys used for now?
-thanks
-Brian