[bookport] Re: Question about section breaks

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:37:49 -0500

Neal:

It doesn't quite work the way you are thinking. HTML files are not
treated specially, no matter the quality of their markup. The reason our
manual works is because it is a Digital Talking Book. These do transfer
with markup.

The Sections tab of the Options dialog works a little differently as
well. You do not choose a section tag in this dialog; you add and remove
section tags. The first section tag found in a document is used. So, if
your HTML files have recurring text, you could add your own section to
the section tag list, and you would get better navigation. (It was done
this way so you can have sections in text files.) Note: the first
section tag is considered first; that is why you can move them around in
the list.

Rob Meredith

>>> ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/16/05 08:54PM >>>
I was certain, when I had the Book Port connected to my work computer,
that when I was in an html file on the computer and pressed the
applications key and selected sent to book port, that I could press
the
3 and 6 keys when reading a file on the Book Port and go to the next
header in the html file.  Now, at home, it is not working.  I transfer
the files in the same way and when I press the next section keys, it
just beeps.  The section tab has the sections set to "New article," or
something like that, and none of the other examples in the list seem
be anything that might work in an html file.

When I am reading the book port manual, I can, in fact, go to next
sections and those sections seem to be the actual headers in the html
file.  But somehow, I can't get this to work any more when I transfer
other well tagged html files to the Book Port.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Neal