[bookport] Re: Problems with preview in latest beta

  • From: "David Bennett" <david382@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:37:31 -0600

My sentiments exactly. I do use hot keys, but now and again I also tab through the software's various windows, and I'd like to be perfectly free to do that without activating the preview feature. If I wish to use it in a specific application, though, I want it to be there.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Ring" <ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Sandy Licht" <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:08:45 -0600

> I never use this feature.  It wouldn't bother me to have it
> permanently turned off.
>
> At 10:43 AM 12/21/2005, you wrote:
> > I know we've been down this road before, but it seems to be back.
Even
> > though I have Auto Preview turned off in my options because I hate
having
> > Audible books start reading if I happen to TAB over that button,
they're
> > still being previewed. Moreover, there appears to be no way to
stop
this
> > except to bail out of the transfer program completely. I wonder
how
many
> > users actually make use of this feature and whether we might not
be
better
> > off just having it removed entirely--any comments?
> >
> >  --
> >  Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL
> >  walt@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> Sandy Licht
> Phone: 409-898-8218
> Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
> 11For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They
> are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a
> hope. 12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look
> for me in earnest,
> you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says
the
LORD...