[bookport] Re: Problems with BookPort transfer and vista

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <larry480@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 09:25:39 -0500

Absolutely, I do it all the time.
Keith is out today, but I'm copying him on this message. He is the developer,
and he may have some insight I will miss, but I think I may be able to suggest
something to get you running.

1. Uninstall Book Wizard Reader.
2. At the Run dialog, type %userprofile% and press enter
3. Find the folder local settings and open it.
4. Find the folder Application Data and open it.
5. Find the folder APH and open it
6. Find the folder Book Wizard and delete it.
7. Download www.aph.org/tech/bwr_setup.exe and install it.

Please let me know if you still get the error.

>>> "Larry Stevens" <larry480@xxxxxxxxxxx> Monday, February 04, 2008 4:47:56 PM

Larry, actually even when I just open BookPort Wizard, I get the same error
message. Have you been able to run Wizard and move Daisy files into BookPort
using Vista? I'd like to try to solve this since I have not been able to
move Daisy books into BookPort since I upgraded to Vista about two weeks
ago.