[bookport] Re: Problems while recording

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:23:13 -0400

Version 2.1.0.1 is a beta. Are you using a beta that you know of?

Are you using the card that came with the unit? If not, try recording
memos on that card.

Rob Meredith

>>> n8kl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/12/05 01:02PM >>>
I got my bookport yesterday and have been going over the manual and
found
the recording feature in my unit at least, has serious problems.
Firmware
02.01.00.01. When I record, sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes to
the
point of a 2+b reset or removing battery. Occasionally I get an error
about
incompatible wav type. One time got an error about fs panic, buffer
clean.
The first time this happened it corrupted my file system i.e. many
goofy
file names appeared in the memo folder. I reformatted the flash and no

improvement. I had no problems installing and using the transfer
software
and reading text files works as expected. Do I have a defective unit or
does
the software have problems? As it is now, the recording feature is
worse
than useless!