[bookport] Re: Problem using section markers

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:27:22 -0400

Dave:

Section markers are not respected with the Send Audio feature.

You also have a common misconception about how the section markers
work. You don't pick a particular section marker to use; the list is a
set of possible section markers where the first marker in the list has
the highest precedence. So if you want to be sure that ":::" will be
matched, use the Move Up button to move it to the top of the list. This
would only apply to the text version of the file, however.

Rob Meredith

>>> wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx 04/25/06 05:31AM >>>
Hi list:

Have mentioned this before and still waiting for the help. I have kept
in
mind that this partially deals with the beta, which is why I haven't
called
about it.

I have a text file that I want to be able to navigate by sections I've

defined. Thanks to Rob for pointing out the changed section commands.
But
neither the new ones nor the old ones seem to work in this case.

I have been through the file and added ::: before each item.

In the sections tab of bookport transfer, I have checked the use
section
markers check box. In the list of markers, I've arrowed down to ::: and

pressed OK.

Now I want to send the file as audio, so I press the send as audio
button.

Regardless, I have no precise navigation within the file.

What mistake have I made? What should I have done differently?

Oh and I've also got the latest beta firmware and software.

Cheers,
Dave

David Allen
Independent Adaptive Technology Consulting at reasonable rates

115-A Musselburgh Rise
Dunedin 9001
New Zealand
Telephone: +64-(03)455-7694