[bookport] Re: Problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • From: Clarence Whaley <clarence@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:01:01 -0600

Sandy, I'm curious but starting a few betas ago after installing the
firmware upgrade it says that the firmware is updated and then you hear a
couple more messages like updating messages.  Did you perhaps press a key
or something before these messages came through.  I may be over caution but
I wait for the two beeps after I get the defaults restored message.  Glad
it is working again for you.

At 11:55 AM 2/14/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>No I didn't.  I honestly don't know what happened.  I didn't press any keys
>after disconnecting the BP.  I've been trying to figure out what happened,
>too, because I certainly don't want to do it again.  If it ever does happen
>again, I will know what to do.
>
>The only thing I can think of is: Friday night when I connected the
>Bookport to the computer, I was asked if I wanted to download the
>beta.  After downloading it, I connected the BP as usual.  It said the
>firmware had been downloaded to the BP.  I disconnected the BP, but all it
>said was "Bookport (old version number) ready."  The next morning when I
>opened Bookport Transfer, I was asked if I wanted to update.  I tried it
>again, disconnected the BP, waited for the install.  The messages I got
>were the normal ones you get when the firmware is installing
>properly.  But... when I was told the Bookport was ready, that is when the
>trouble began.  Why the firmware wouldn't install Friday night is beyond
>me.  And why it went through the motions Saturday morning and then messed
>up...  All I can say is: computers do strange thing sometimes.10:40 AM
>2/14/2005, you wrote:
> >Hi Sandy.
> >
> >I'm glad you're back up and running, now I just want to know how this =
> >happened.  Did you, by any chance, do a chkdsk on the card before the =
> >update?

> >Thank you, Larry!  The Bookport seems to be back to normal.  I'm hoping =
> >I=20
> >can format the supposedly bad flash card and get that to working,=20
> >also!!!!!
> >
> >Sandy Licht
> >Phone: 409-898-8218
> >Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
> >11For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They
> >are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a =
> >hope.=20
> >12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in =
> >earnest,
> >you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the=20
> >LORD...  =20
>
>Sandy Licht
>Phone: 409-898-8218
>Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
>11For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They
>are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
>12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in earnest,
>you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
>LORD...

Clarence Whaley
Training Division Manager
GW Micro
E-Mail:  Clarence@xxxxxxxxxxx
Direct Voice (615) 383-6248
or 866-699-8901
Direct Fax (260) 489-2608
GW Micro Voice Number 260-489-3671
http://www.gwmicro.com
or press enter below to read all about our training program
http://www.gwmicro.com/training