[bookport] Problem Recording Memo

  • From: "Scott Duck" <sduck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Book Port Discuss" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:36:11 -0600

Hi Everyone,
Last knight, I tried to record a memo and I was unable to play it back.  After
I had recorded the memo, the memo file was there, titled with the time and
date, as it should have been.  However, when I tried to play it back, the BP
said "I/O error, unable to play wav file".  I have recorded memos before and
sense that played back fine.  The memo that would not play was longer than any
of the others that I had recorded.  All of the others were perhaps a minute.
The one that would not play was probably about 30 minutes.  The flash card was
the one that came with the BP and it was only about half full so there should
have been enough room.  I ran Scandisk on the card and it showed that the card
is OK.  On Scandisk, I did not check the "scan for and attempt recovery of bad
sectors" box or the "automatically fix file system errors" box because I didn't
know if these features in scandisk are compatible with what ever file system
that the BP uses and I didn't want to damage the card.  Has anyone else
experienced this?  Any idea what might have caused it?
Thanks,
Scott