[bookport] Re: Previewing MP3 Files

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:34:22 -0400

Hello Nolan:

The MP3 file previewing issue is a slightly interesting one. But, we =
recently implemented a solution which help you.

The first way to force a preview to repeat is to move to another file in =
the list, then move back to the original file. This doesn't work, of =
course, if there is only one file in the list. It also requires that Auto =
Preview be turned on; otherwise you have to hit Alt+P to move to the =
preview window.

The second and new way to repeat a preview is to press F7. This should =
always work. If it doesn't, let me know.

The time compression rate holds for all audio files. However, if you use =
F3 or Shift+F3 to change the rate during a preview, the rate box will also =
be changed to the new rate.

Rob Meredith

>>> ncrabb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/09/04 11:51PM >>>
Greetings, Everyone,

When I preview an MP3 file in the transfer software, I can't do it more=20
than once.  I have to shut down the transfer software and reload it =
again=20
to preview the file.  Am I doing something wrong?  Yes, I know, it's =
silly=20
to want to hear something more than once, but there are times when it =
isn't=20
a bad idea.

Also, assuming I've set the speed-up number in the edit box under audio=20
options to 2.2, for example.  Must I do that for every MP3 I send?  I=20
assume that rate will hold for all.  Is that a correct assumption?

Best Regards,

Nolan