[bookport] Re: Presently Unusable

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 08:45:10 -0400

I stand corrected:

Hitting 2+b will not start the firmware update with the bpfw._bb file.  =
The command you need to press is 1+3+*+#

>>> lskutchan@xxxxxxx Saturday, June 05, 2004 12:59:59 PM >>>
You can do the following to get back to the previous firmware:

Download www.aph.org/update/bpfw_1_0_4.bin=20

Rename this file to bpfw._bb

Copy that file to the root folder of flashcard

Put the flashcard into Book Port

Hit 2+B to reset

The firmware update should start.

<<< r-carter@xxxxxxx  6/ 5  9:38a >>>
Hi Dale,

Do you have another compact flash card that you could try to see if =
it=3D20
works normally?

Robert Carter

At 07:27 AM 6/5/2004, you wrote:

>I've tried everything I can think of to get my BP out of its chatter of
>alternately speaking the name of the default folder and "previous =3D
folder".
>It appears, also, that everything on the flash card has been erased, but =
=3D
the
>unit won't even accept a format command, so that I could know I'm =3D
starting
>clean.  I'm all too aware that beta testing comes with a risk.  Does =3D
anyone
>have an idea of how I could undo the upgrades, so I could return to the
>versions which worked for me?
>
>Dale

                       =3D20