[bookport] Re: Possibly need help

  • From: "Annette Carr" <amcarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 07:31:50 -0400

Hi Linda,

The majority of my books are from BookShare.org.  To get started, you will
need to:

1.  Log into BookShare.org
2.  Download and set up the BookShare.org Unpack Utility on your hard drive.
3.  Find the book on BookShare.org that you want to download, and download
it to your computers hard drive.
4.  Continue downloading books until you have completed your desired list.
5.  Use the BookShare.org Unpack Utility to unpack all of the books that you
just downloaded.  Before doing this, I like to make folders on my hard drive
to store the individual books in because when you unpack them, there will be
multiple files associated with the book.  If I am reading a series of books
by one author, I first make a folder with the name of the author, and then
individual folders inside the authors folder named by the title of the book.
If I want to read the books in the order that they were published, I will go
back later and modify each book folder to begin with the copyright year.
This will arrange the books in chronological order inside the author's
folder.
6.  Plug in your Book Port.
7.  Using the BookPort Transfer software, navigate to the folder where you
have stored the unpacked book you want to put on your BookPort.
8.  Select the file and send it to the BookPort.
9.  Repeat transfer process until all books have been transferred to the
BookPort.

HTH
Annette

  _____